- Mission Statement We provide leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, and related issues based on sound public policy, the best available science, and efficient management. Vision We want to be recognized as a dynamic organization that is able to efficiently provide the integrated program delivery needed to lead a rapidly evolving food and agriculture system. Strategic Plan Framework USDA has created a strategic plan to implement its vision. The framework of this plan depends on these key activities: expanding markets for agricultural products and
- The Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics was founded in 1930 from a grant made by the Bancitaly Corporation to the University of California in tribute to its organizer and past president, Amadeo Peter Giannini of San Francisco. Members of the Giannini Foundation are University of California faculty and Cooperative Extension specialists in agricultural and resource economics on the Berkeley, Davis and Riverside campuses. The broad mission of the Foundation is to promote and support research and outreach activities in agricultural economics and rural development relevant to California.
- The Energy Biosciences Institute (EBI), largest public-private partnership of its kind in the world, was created in 2007 to address one of the 21st Century’s greatest challenges – finding a technological solution to the problems associated with climate change, global warming, and the rising price and diminishing supplies of carbon-based fossil fuels. The partner institutions – the University of California, Berkeley; the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; and the international energy company BP, which funds the resear
- The Agricultural and Resource Economics graduate programis the world’s premier graduate program in agricultural and resource economics. We produce outstanding researchers in economics and policy, specializing in problems of: Agriculture Agribusiness Applied econometrics Biotech/intellectual properties Energy Environment and resources International development International trade. We have by far
- The College of Natural Resources (CNR) addresses biological, social, and economic challenges associated with protecting natural resources and the environment. CNR's undergraduate academic programs teach students how to ensure economic and ecological sustainability for future generations.